After losing a lot of weight, it’s quite common to have a lot of excess skin hanging in the abdomen. To correct this issue, a tummy tuck can cut away excess tissue and smooth the contours of the waistline for a sleek and toned appearance. There are two main kinds of tummy tucks: a mini tummy tuck and a full tummy tuck. How do you know which one is right for you? The best way to know for sure is to schedule a consultation at our Houston office, but here’s a quick rundown of the different procedures.
What Is a Mini Tummy Tuck?
A mini tummy tuck is exactly what it sounds like — a smaller version of a normal tummy tuck. Rather than focus on the whole abdomen, it primarily fixes sagging and pooching in your lower belly. Houston patients who can benefit from a mini tummy tuck include people who have:
- A stomach pooch that noticeable sticks out or hangs down.
- Abdominal muscles that have stretched or separated.
- Extra skin in the lower belly.
Benefits of a Mini Tummy Tuck
The benefits of a mini tummy tuck include:
- Shorter recovery time and a less noticeable scar, as you’ll have a smaller incision.
- Less time spent in surgery, which reduces costs.
- A sleek and contoured lower belly.
Drawbacks of a Mini Tummy Tuck
Of course, a mini tummy tuck does have a few drawbacks, which include:
- Less skin removal, which could be a problem if you have a very saggy stomach.
- Less of an effect on stretch marks.
What Is a Full Tummy Tuck?
For most Houston patients, a full tummy tuck is the better solution. It targets both the lower and upper abdomen for a completely transformed midsection. People who best benefit from a full tummy tuck include:
- Women who have been pregnant.
- Men or women who have recently lost a lot of weight.
- Men or women with a saggy belly.
During a full tummy tuck, Dr. Yarish or Dr. Bartlett will make either a horizontal or U-shaped incision across your entire belly, just above the pubic bone. This allows them to cut away extra skin and fat and tie the abdominal muscles tighter.
Benefits of a Full Tummy Tuck
The benefits of a full tummy tuck include:
- A smoother and flatter abdomen.
- Reduction of stretch marks.
- Better fit in your shirts and pants.
- Can be combined with liposuction for even more drastic results.
Drawbacks of a Full Tummy Tuck
Some of the drawbacks of a full tummy tuck include:
- A bigger scar (but it will be hidden along your underwear line).
- A more extensive surgery, which will increase recovery time.
Schedule Your Tummy Tuck in Houston Today
Ready to get the sleek and sexy belly you’ve always wanted? Call our Houston office today at 713-467-0146 to get started.