The secret is out: Doctors are now admitting that platelet-rich plasma therapy, or PRP therapy, is one of the safest and most effective treatments for a range of ailments – including many common signs of aging! And with big-name celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Tiger Woods and Angelina Jolie talking about the benefits of PRP, talk of the amazing results are rapidly spreading!
What is PRP Therapy?
PRP is a natural product created from your own body. A small amount of blood is drawn from you and placed in a sterile tube that is spun down in a centrifuge to separate the growth factors, platelets and stem cells from the rest of the blood. Red and white blood cells are divided from the platelets and the plasma. This plasma (aka “Liquid Gold”) now contains a higher than normal number of platelets and is called platelet rich plasma, or PRP.
Platelet-Rich Plasma is gaining in popularity for the same reasons athletes and celebrities chose it: because of its organic nature and because it works. Also – since PRP uses plasma and platelets from your own blood, side-effects are practically nonexistent.
We use PRP in combination with our anti-aging treatments including:
- PRP + SkinPen Microneedling (Vampire Facial) – Microneedling is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure using a device that contains fine needles. The SkinPen punctures the skin thousands of times per minute to create tiny micro-channels that trigger the body to produce collagen and elastin to fill the channels. By applying PRP immediately before and after the microneedling, the desired bio-cellular products are introduced into and retained by the treated skin. The result – improved skin texture and appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- PRP Injections – PRP stimulates your own collagen to grow for total facial rejuvenation. PRP is not great at lifting specific lines but is very good for softening hollows (such as under the eyes, or in the cheeks or temples), improving the skin tone, tightness, and texture. You will see results gradually over a few months.
- PRP + Injectable Fillers (Vampire Facelift) – Hyaluronic acid (HA) filler such as Restylane or Juvederm can be used with PRP, as the two types of treatments are meant for different purposes. They supplement each other to give the best final outcome of a more youthful looking face. HA Filler shines when lifting specific lines and folds and PRP is best used to improve overall quality, tightness, and texture of the skin and softening hollowed-out areas of the face.
- Hair Restoration – With PRP for hair, your growth factors and stem cells work together to reverse the miniaturization of the hair follicle and jumpstarting dormant hair back into the growth stage.
- O-Shot – The O-Shot is a simple procedure that uses the growth factors in Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) that is injected into an area near the clitoris that is most important for the sexual response (the “o-spot”).
- P-Shot – The P-Shot is a simple procedure that uses the growth factors in Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) that is injected into the key areas of the penis. The goal of the P-Shot is to improve vascular function and nerve sensitivity in the penis. This can result in better erections and improved sensitivity
Ready to Try PRP Therapy?
Trust our medical professionals with your PRP therapy to help you achieve your anti-aging goals. Get in touch with our friendly staff to book a consultation at ReNew You MD. Call us at 713-467-4007 today!