Dr. Yarish has a deep desire to give each of his patients the look they want from their cosmetic procedure by combining the art and science of plastic surgery with his personal and gentle touch. Because of this, he is able to give his Houston patients long-lasting and natural results. In fact, many of the men and women who visit him for a facelift consultation want to know what parts of the face he can correct through this procedure, and how they can be sure to get the natural-looking results they want. Keep reading to learn more about the facelift procedure, and how it can leave you with a younger, refreshed face.
What Is A Facelift?
Medically known as rhytidectomy, a facelift is a cosmetic procedure that improves visible signs of aging for Houston men and women and leaves them with a more youthful facial appearance. Some of the issues a facelift can correct are:
• Volume that has been lost from the face
• Loss of elasticity in the skin, which causes sagging
• Deep lines or wrinkles in the mid and lower areas of the face
Dr. Yarish will remove excess facial skin from a patient’s face and neck during their facelift procedure. This provides them with a smoother and tighter facial appearance. Unfortunately, because of the stereotype that the facelift procedure gained in years past, many patients of Dr. Yarish want to make sure they will not wake up from their procedure with a “windblown” look. Rest assured, this is not how Dr. Yarish approaches plastic surgery. His ultimate goal is to provide natural-looking results for all of his patients, and “windblown” is certainly not natural.
Facelift Incision Types
Depending on your specific wants and needs, Dr. Yarish will most often recommend one of two types of facelift incisions:
• Traditional Facelift Incision: This Incision begins in front of the ear and extends up into the hairline, behind the ear, and down to the bottom of the ear. The incision then ends in the hairline behind the ear. Though this incision is long, it is well hidden in the hairline, and it gives Dr. Yarish access to the facial muscles and tissues he needs to perform the facelift.
• Limited Facelift Incision: This incision is shorter, but still gives Dr. Yarish access to the skin and muscles needed for this limited procedure. It begins at the temples and continues behind the ear. This is also considered a mini-lift and is most often used on Dr. Yarish’s Houston patients with minimal loss of skin elasticity.
Other Cosmetic Procedures To Consider In Addition To A Facelift
Many times, Houston men and women want to address more areas of their face during their procedure, and there are several additional procedures that can be performed at the same time. Some of those include:
• Neck Lift
• Eyelid Surgery
• Brow Lift
Book Your Facelift Consultation Today!
If you’re tired of looking older than you are, or feel inside, call Dr. Yarish at Yarish Plastic Surgery to book your initial facelift consultation. With his artistic eye and precise skill, he’ll be able to give you the natural results you want. Call his Houston area office today at (281) 326-9239!